Avançar para o conteúdo principal

Exposição | on HOLD


Carissa Baktay

De 16 de Março a 01 de Abril | Horário: 09h00 - 20h00 | Segunda a Sexta
Entrada da Sala Multiusos

I am an interdisciplinary artist and designer from Canada currently completing a Masters of Glass Art and Science through the VICARTE Research Unit at the Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia at the Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal. I received my Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Glass from the Alberta College of Art + Design in 2011. I have studied at the Rhode Island School of Design, Red Deer College, participated in an annual Snow and Ice sculpting residency in Norway and was accepted to the 2011/ 2012 Living Arts Center Fellowship in Glass. I have participated in international artists residencies in Iceland and Finland and have shown my work in both solo and group shows nationally and internationally.

This work is a response to my first semester studying in Portugal. I am interested in the idea of holding; holding on to something both physically and emotionally. This work combines my hands with handmade glass in fragile balance between presence and absence, tension and weightlessness. It seeks to speak to my relationship with glass as a material and the passage and preservation of time.





Mais fotografias aqui

Saiba mais sobre Carissa Baktay

Comentários