Workshop | Data Protection and Ethics training
26 de outubro | 09h30
Sala de seminários, Edifício VII | FCT NOVA
Researchers today are pressured to share their research data and make it accessible to other researchers. But what if you have collected sensitive or confidential data?
For many researchers, the sensitivity of research data is one of the main barriers to data sharing. Fear of violating ethical or legal obligations, lack of knowledge about disclosure control and the time required to anonymise data to a suitable standard often prevent valuable datasets from seeing the light of day.
In this 3 hour interactive workshop, we introduce how to collect, share, store, and protect the sensitive data you may encounter as part of your work.
1. To engage participants in discussion of legal and ethical issues involved in data collection, data management, and data sharing with regard to human subject research.
2. To introduce obligations on university researchers from the perspective of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
3. To suggest strategies for working with personal and sensitive data that are both data protection-compliant and follow good practice in research integrity and research data management.
4. To raise awareness of relevant tools, support and training for data management related to human subjects.
Ms. Robin Rice has a Masters in Library & Information Studies from University of Wisconsin-Madison in the US, where she also learned her trade as a Data Librarian. She is Data Librarian and Head, Research Data Support at the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, where she has been providing research data support services for twenty years.
She is co-author of The Data Librarian's Handbook and co-creator of Research Data MANTRA online course and of the Research Data Management and Sharing Coursera MOOC. Currently she coordinates the Research Data Service provided across sections of Information Services as Service Owner and is responsible for delivering the University’s 2017-2020 Research Data Management Roadmap. She is involved with a number of international research data networks including IASSIST, RDA, COAR, Duraspace.
Loved the article ! The information I get about Data Protection from this blog is very helpful . Thanks for sharingResponderEliminar
Thanks for sharing the informative content. Worth reading the blog keep up sharing the valuable information looking for more updates.ResponderEliminar
Restaurant management software
Great goods from you. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely excellent. I really like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you are saying and the way in which you say it.ResponderEliminar
- Best HR Software in India
Excellent site you've got here.... 👍 It's difficult to find good quality writing like yours these days. I honestly appreciate people like you🤗! Take care !!ResponderEliminar
Best Software Recommendation Platform-Technology Counter-HR Software India